Unmarried Partner Visa UK
A UK Unmarried partner Visa allows you to come to UK to live with your partner who is either a British citizen, settled in the UK, or has been granted refugee status/humanitarian protection. To be able to apply for a UK Unmarried Partner Visa you must be in you have been in a relationship and living with your partner for at least 2 years. An Unmarried Partner Visa UK is usually granted for a period of up to 30 months, after which you will need to apply to extend your stay in the UK..
To apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa UK you must meet certain requirements, the main one being proving you have been in a genuine relationship and have been living together for at least 2 years. There are other requirements as well, all of which will have to be proven with supporting documents. We understand that this can be quite challenging, so our expert Immigration Lawyer will help you in identifying and preparing the correct supporting documents you need.
Unmarried Partner Visa UK – FAQ
An applicant must meet the following requirements for a Unmarried Partner Visa:
- You and your partner must be 18 or over
- You must have lived continuously with your partner for at least two years.
- You must prove that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship
- You must intend to live with your partner permanently in the UK.
- You must show that you have adequate accommodation in the UK
- You and your partner must meet Financial requirements
- You must meet the English Language requirements
If your application for an Unmarried Partner Visa is successful, you will usually be granted leave to remain for 30 months. After this you can apply for further leave to remain for another 2.5 years and eventually indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
For an Unmarried Partner Visa substantial documentary evidence has to be provided to prove the relationship is genuine and subsisting, as well as proof that you meet the other requirements..Â Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success. We can help by:
- Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
- Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application
- Ensuring you provide sufficient evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine.
- Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
- Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Unmarried Partner Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
- Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.