UK Start-Up Visa
If you are looking to set up a business in the UK you may be able to apply for a start-up Visa. Your business idea will need to be endorsed by an authorized body, for being innovative, viable and scale-able
The approving body can either be:
- A higher education institution in the UK.
- A business organisation with a proven track record of supporting UK entrepreneurs.
This visa if granted will allow you to stay in the UK for a period of 2 years and is not extendable. This visa doesn’t lead directly to settlement in the UK but you may be able to switch to an Innovator Visa.
To apply for the Start-up Visa you will need to prepare a business plan and have your business idea approved. Our expert lawyer has detailed knowledge of the Start-up Visa application and can advise you on how to meet the endorsement criteria and the documents that are required to make a successful application. Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.
UK Start-Up Visa-FAQ
For a Start-up Visa you must meet the following requirements:
- Have had your business idea assessed by an approved endorsing body.
- Have received an endorsement letter confirming you meet the endorsement criteria.
- You must have an English language ability at B2 level.
- Have sufficient funds to maintain yourself and any dependents when you arrive in the UK.
You must obtain an endorsement letter from an approved body confirming they are satisfied that you will spend majority of your working time in developing the business in the UK and the business idea meets the following requirements:
You have a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage.
You have the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and market awareness to successfully run the business.
There is evidence of structured planning and of potential for job creation and growth into national and international markets.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
Our immigration lawyers can help you with the Innovator Visa application process and ensure you have the all the necessary documentation that is required for a successful application. We can help by:
- Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
- Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
- Review your business plan to ensure it meets the criteria needed for letter of endorsement.
- Lease with the approving body until your business idea is approved.
- Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
- Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Start-up Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
- Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.