UK Spouse Visa
A UK Spouse Visa, or a UK Marriage Visa will be required, if you are from outside the EU and you wish to come and settle in the UK with your partner. To apply for this visa your partner must either be a British citizen, settled in the UK, or have been granted refuge status or humanitarian protection. In order to apply for a UK Spouse Visa you must be married or in a civil partnership with your partner.
A Spouse Visa UK is usually granted for a period of up to 2.5 years, after which time it can be extended for a further 2.5 year. After 5 years you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and then British Citizenship
The Home Office fees for a UK Spouse Visa Application are currently £1523 for entry clearance and £1033 for a Spouse Visa Extension. In addition the applicant will need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge of £400 per year for the length of visa.
Certain requirements have to be met in order for you to apply for a Spouse Visa UK, the main ones are having a minimum income of £18,600 and proving that you are in a genuine realtionship.There are many other requirements as well, all of which will have to be proven with supporting documents. At 121 Immigration Lawyers we understand that this can be quite challenging and our expert Immigration Lawyers will help you prepare the supporting documents and complete and submit the application.
121 Immigration Lawyers have detailed knowledge and experience of Spouse Visa Extension & new Applications and can help you in making a successful application. Call us on 0121 285 5121 or 0203 745 1616 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.. You can also Whatsapp us on 07586 464563
[contact-form-7 id=”122″ title=”Contact form first”]
UK Spouse Visa – FAQ
An applicant must meet the following requirements for a Spouse Visa:
- You and your partner must be 18 or over
- You must be married or in a civil partnership and must have met in person
- You must not be within the prohibited degree of relationship
- You must be in a genuine and subsisting relationship
- You must intend to live with your partner permanently in the UK.
- You must show that you have adequate accommodation in the UK
- You and your partner must meet Financial requirements
- You must meet the English Language requirements
You must be able to show a minimum annual income of £18,600. If you are applying to bring any children with you, an additional £3,800 must be shown for the first child and £2,400 for each additional child. The additional requirement for children only applies to children that are not British, EEA nationals or settled in the UK. Savings above £16,000 can be counted towards the income requirement at a ratio of 1 to 2.5, so every £2,500 of savings count towards £1,000 of income required. So if you are to rely solely on savings you must have held a total of £62,500 for a period of 6 months.
You must be able to speak English at level A1 for a Spouse Visa application. You can meet this requirement by
- Passing an English Language test at an approved center or
- Being a national of a majority English speaking country or
- Having a English taught university degree
- Being exempt because of age (over 65) or disability
Children can be added to your Spouse Visa application if at time of application if they were under the age of 18 and were not living an independent life. As long as they have not married, left home or had children they can usually apply at the same time as the partner.
If you are in the UK on a different visa, you may be able to switch to a Spouse Visa before your current stay expires.You can apply a Spouse Visa from within the UK unless you are here as a visitor or on a visa that was issued for 6 months or less, unless it was a 6 month fiancé Visa.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
As Specified evidences have to be provided in order to meet the requirements for a Spouse Visa UK, the Spouse Visa application process can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers will work with you through the entire application process to give you have the best possible chance of succes,
- Our Immigration Lawyer will discuss all the available options and ensure the application that is made, is the one most suitable for you.
- You will be advised about the requirements and provided with a list of the relevant documents that will be required for the application.
- We will ensure you provide sufficient evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine and subsisting.
- All the documents provided will be reviewed and checked thoroughly to ensure they meet the requirements for the application.
- A detailed letter of representation, will be submitted alongside your application This will outline how you meet the requirements of the Spouse Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- The relevant application will be completed and submitted on your behalf and a biometric appointment will be made at a Visa Centre local to you.
- You will be advised about the timescales involved in the processing of the apllication by the home office