UK Spouse Visa

UK Spouse Visa

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your Spouse Visa UK.

UK Spouse Visa

A UK Spouse Visa, or a UK Marriage Visa allows you to come and live in the UK with your partner who is either a British citizen, settled in the UK, or has been granted refugee status/humanitarian protection.To be able to apply for a UK Spouse Visa you must be married or in a civil partnership

A Spouse Visa UK is usually granted for a period of up to 2.5 years, after which time it can be extended for a further 2.5 year. After 5 years you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and then British Citizenship.

To apply for a Spouse Visa UK you must meet certain requirements, the main ones being proving you are in a genuine relationship and having a minimum income of £18,600. There are other requirements as well, all of which will have to be proven with supporting documents. We understand that this can be quite challenging and our expert Immigration Lawyer will help you prepare the supporting documents and complete and submit the application.

We have detailed knowledge and experience of Spouse Visa Extension & new Applications and can help you in making a successful application.Call us on 0121 285 5121  or 0203 745 1616 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.. You can also Wattsapp us on 07586 464563

Request FREE Consultation

Fill the form below to request a call back

UK Spouse Visa – FAQ

You must be able to show a minimum annual income of £18,600. If you are applying to bring any children with you, an additional £3,800 must be shown for the first child and £2,400 for each additional child. The additional requirement for children only applies to children that are not British, EEA nationals or settled in the UK. Savings above £16,000 can be counted towards the income requirement at a ratio of 1 to 2.5, so every £2,500 of savings count towards £1,000 of income required.

You must be able to speak English at level A1 for a Spouse Visa application. You can meet this requirement by


  • Passing an English Language test at an approved center or
  • Being a national of a majority English speaking country or
  • Having a English taught university degree
  • Being exempt because of age (over 65) or disability

Children can be added to your Spouse Visa application if at time of application if they were under the age of 18 and were not living an independent life. As long as they have not married, left home or had children they can usually apply at the same time as the partner.

If you are in the UK on a different visa, you may be able to switch to a Spouse Visa before your current stay expires.You can apply a Spouse Visa from within the UK unless you are here as a visitor or on a visa that was issued for 6 months or less, unless it was a 6 month fiancé Visa.

What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

As you have to provide specified evidence to meet the requirements for a Spouse Visa UK, applying for a Spouse Visa can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.

  • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
  • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
  • Ensuring you provide sufficient evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine
  • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
  • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Spouse Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
  • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
  • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

Call us on 0121 285 5121 or request a call back to see how 121 Immigration Lawyers can help with your application for a UK Spouse Visa.


Get In Touch
Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

Latest Media


Contact Us
If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.