UK Marriage Visitor Visa

Marriage Visitor Visa

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your UK Marriage Visitor Visa.

Marriage Visitor Visa

If you are a national from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa if you want to come to UK to get married or register a civil partnership. This visa is suitable if you are not planning to settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership. You can also apply for this visa if you want to give notice of marriage or a civil partnership.

With a Marriage Visitor Visa you can usually visit the UK for up to 6 months and you will need to prove to the Home Office the intention of your visit and that you will be leaving at the end of your trip. We can help you in preparing the correct supporting evidences and to meet the other requirements. Our Specialist Immigration Lawyer will work with you to ensure that your application has the maximum chance of success.Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.

Request FREE Consultation

Fill the form below to request a call back

Marriage Visitor Visa-FAQ

With a Marriage Visitor Visa you cannot

  • Receive public funds
  • Bring any dependents with you, they need to apply separately
  • Reside in the UK for long period of time through frequent visits
  • Extend the Marriage Visitor Visa or switch to a different visa
  • Work, unless it is allowed under the permitted activities for your work or business overseas.
  • Undertake any study Programme for more than 30 days.

Deciding on whether the Marriage Visitor Visa is the correct visa for you will depend on your intentions after you have married or formed a civil partnership in the UK. If you intend to remain in the UK after the marriage/civil partnership, then a fiancé visa may be the right choice. Unlike the Marriage Visitor Visa, the fiancé visa allows you to switch to a spouse visa, without having to leave the UK.

Give us a call and our Immigration Specialist will help you select the option best for you.

What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

As you have to provide sufficient evidence to the Home Office for the reason of your travel to the UK, applying for a Standard Visitor Visa can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.

  • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
  • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
  • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
  • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Marriage Visitor Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
  • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
  • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

Call us on 0121 285 5121 or request a call back to see how we can help with your application for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa.


121 immigration lawyers
Get In Touch
Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

Latest Media

Contact Us
If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.