UK Adult Dependant Relative Visa
An Adult Dependant Relative Visa allows you to come to UK for long term care from a family member who is either a British citizen, settled in the UK, or has been granted refugee status/humanitarian protection. To be able to apply for an Adult Dependant Relative Visa you must require long term care from your son, daughter, parent, grandchild, brother or sister.
An Adult Dependant Relative Visa is usually granted for an unlimited period if joining a British citizen or Individual settled in the UK, so you will not need to apply to extend your stay in the UK. You will need to prove that you require long term care to carry out everyday tasks as a result of age, illness or disability. As well as this you will need to prove that even with the financial and practical help from the sponsor, you cannot obtain the required level of care in your country of residence.
The rules for Adult Dependent Relative Visa have become a lot stricter and are difficult to meet. Substantial evidence will have to be provided to show that adequate long term care is required and that it is not available in the country of origin. Our specialist immigration lawyers will work with you to obtain your UK Dependent Relative Visa. We will help you in preparing the evidence to show that long term care is requqired in the UK by a family member and complete the application. Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.
UK Adult Dependant Relative Visa-FAQ
An applicant must meet the following requirements for an Adult Dependent Relative Visa:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Are a qualifying relative of British citizen, or someone in the UK with refugee status
- Require long term personal care to perform everyday tasks as a result of age, illness or disability
- Even with the practical and financial help of the sponsor, are unable to obtain the required level of care in the country where they are living, because
- It is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
- It is not affordable
There is no requirement for you to pass an English language proficiency test if you are applying for an Adult dependant Relative Visa.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
For a UK Dependant Relative Visa evidence has to be provided to prove that long term care is required and can only be provided by a family member in the UK. Our immigration lawyers can help you with the Dependant Relative Visa application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success. We can help by:
- Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
- Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
- Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
- Helping you in preparing the documentary evidence to prove that long care is required can only be provided in the UK by your family member.
- Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Depandant Visa,with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
- Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.