Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your Tier 4 (General) Student visa.

Tier 4 (General) Student visa

If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and have been offered a place at a college or university with a Tier 4 sponsor licence you can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa to come and study in the UK.

To qualify for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa full-time students must usually be studying at degree level or higher and part-time students need to be studying at masters level. There are other types of courses that qualify, including the Foundation Programmes for doctors and dentists.

To be eligible for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa you must have received an unconditional offer from a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor for a place on a course and must be able to demonstrate you have enough money to cover course fees and your monthly living costs. Once you have been offered a place on the course by an approved provider, you will receive a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), this will be needed for the visa application.You will need to demonstrate to the tier 4 sponsor that you meet the required English language ability in order to be issued a CAS

The application for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa can be quite complex and our Immigration Lawyer has the detailed knowledge to help you make a successful application to come and study in the UK.Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.

    Request FREE Consultation

    Fill the form below to request a call back

    Tier 4 (General) Student Visa-FAQ

    Generally Tier 4 (General) Student Visa holders can work, but are limited on the number of hours they can work. A full-time student studying a degree can work for 20 hours per week during term-time and full-time during holidays.

    You can apply to switch to a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa if you are in the UK on one of the following Visas:

    • Tier 2 (General)
    • Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
    • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
    • Tier 4 (Child) Student)

    You must make an application to switch to a Tier 4 (General) Visa before your current visa expires and can make the application 3 months before the course start date. If the course start date is more than 28 days after your visa expires, you will have to leave the UK and make an application from outside the UK.

    What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

    Our immigration lawyers can help you with the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa application process and ensure you have the all the necessary documentation that is required for a successful application. We can help by:

    • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
    • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
    • Confirming the college /university has a valid Tier 4 sponsor License.
    • Liaising with the college /university to arrange your CAS.
    • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
    • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Tier 4 (General) Student, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
    • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
    • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

    Call us on 0121 285 5121 or request a call back to see how we can help with your application for a 4 (General) Student Visa.


    Get In Touch
    Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

    Latest Media

    European Temporary Leave To Remain – Update

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In the event of no deal Brexit, as a “Responsible Government” the Home Office has officially published guidance on the European Temporary Leave to Remain scheme. The guidance notes on this subject were published by the government before the recent change in the “Brexit End Date” from 29 March 2019 to […]


    Home Office facing Legal Action for the TOEIC Scam

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In 2014, a BBC Panorama documentary conducted an undercover operation on Fraud in the UK Student Visa process.  The documentary uncovered clear cases of cheating at two test centers, where visa applicants sat the “Test of English for International Communication” (TOEIC). The two test centers in London were shown, for a […]

    Contact Us
    If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.