Child Student Visa(Tier 4)
Children from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who have been offered a place at an independent school with a Tier 4 sponsor licence can apply for a Tier 4 (Child) Student visa to come and study in the UK. The child must be aged between 4 and 17 and have the parents/guardians consent to study in the UK.
To be eligible for Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa you must have received an unconditional offer from a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor for a place in a school and must have enough money to cover the course fees and your child’s living costs.Once you have been offered a place in the Independent school you will receive a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), this will be needed for the visa application.If the parents want to accompany the child, they’ll need to apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 (Child) visa.
Our Immigration Lawyer have the detailed knowledge to help you make a successful application for your child to come and study in the UK. Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with one of our expert advisor.
Child Student Visa(Tier 4)-FAQ
The duration of the visa depends on the length of the course and how old the child student is. Applicants aged under 16 can get a visa covering the length of their time in school plus an extra four months at the end, up to a maximum of six years. The visa can be extended until the child student hits the age limit for this visa. Those aged 16 or 17 are capped at three years plus four months afterwards.
With this visa the child can study at any independent school which is a licensed Tier 4 sponsor. The parent or guardian need to provide written consent. Documentation of identification and proof of sufficient funds to finance the course of study and cover your child’s living expenses have to be submitted.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
As you have to provide sufficient evidence to the Home Office for the reason of your travel to the UK, applying for a Tier 4 (Child) Student can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.
- Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
- Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
- Confirming the independent school has a valid Tier 4 sponsor License
- Liaising with the school to arrange your CAS.
- Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
- Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Tier 4 (Child) Student, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
- Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.