UK Standard Visitor Visa

Standard Visitor Visa In UK

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your UK Visitor Visa.

Standard UK Visitor Visa Requirements

If you are a national from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for a standard visitor visa for the purpose of a holiday, visiting family members, private medical treatment, or for business reasons.

The application for a Standard Visitor Visa has to be made outside the UK and can be made upto 3 months before you travel with a Standard Visitor Visa you can usually visit the UK for up to 6 months, you might be able to stay for longer if you are visiting the UK for private medical treatment (up to 11 months), or if an academic coming to the UK for research (up to 12 months).

To apply for a Visitor Visa, you will need to prove to the Home Office the intention of your visit and that you will be leaving at the end of your trip. We can help you in preparing the correct supporting evidences and to meet the other requirements. Our Specialist Immigration Lawyer will work with you to ensure that your application has the maximum chance of success.

Call us on 0121 285 5121  now
request a call back to speak with an expert advisers.

Request FREE Consultation

Fill the form below to request a call back

UK’s Standard Visitor Visa FAQ

If your current visitor visais less than six months you may be able to extend it up to six months. Also if you are a visitor receiving private medical treatment you can apply to extend your visa for a further six months. You would need to apply before your current visa expires.

Speak to our immigration advisors to find out if you can extend your visa and how we can help.

The additional requirements if you are a private medical treatment visitor are:

  • You must satisfy the medical inspector that you are not a danger to public health if you are is suffering from a communicable disease
  • You must arrange your private medical treatment before you travel to the UK, and provide a letter from your doctor or consultant detailing the medical condition, cost of the treatment and where the treatment or consultation will take place.
  • You can apply for an 11 month visit visa for the purposes of private medical treatment.You will need to provide evidence from the Doctor or Consultant that the proposed treatment is likely to exceed six months but not more than 11 months and provide a valid TB certificate if required.

You can visit the UK for certain business related activities on a Standard Visitor Visa, for example:

  • To attend a business meeting, conference, or training.
  • Take part in a sports related event as a sportsperson.
  • Come to the UK to perform as a musician, artist or an entertainer.
  • As an academic doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programmed.
  • To get funding to start, take over, join or run a business in the UK

There are additional business activities that are allowed. Speak to our expert advisors for further guidance.

What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

As you have to provide sufficient evidence to the Home Office for the reason of your travel to the UK, applying for a Standard Visitor Visa can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.

  • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
  • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
  • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
  • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Standard Visitor Visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
  • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
  • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

Call us on 0121 285 5121 or request a call back to see how we can help with your application for a UK Standard Visitor Visa.


121 immigration lawyers
Get In Touch
Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

Latest Media

Contact Us
If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.