Short Term Study Visa
If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for a Short-term study visa for a short course of study in the UK.
With this visa you stay in the UK for 6 months for any short course, such as an English Language course or for research as part of a degree you are studying abroad. You can apply for up to 11 months stay if you are over 16 and want to take an English Language course.
You must meet certain eligibility requirements such as being accepted on a course at an approved place of study. Our specialist immigration lawyer will work with you in checking your eligibility for a Short term study visa. If eligible we will help complete the application and submit any supporting document that are required.Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisers.
Short Term Study Visa-FAQ
For a Short term study visa the following requirements must be met:
- You must have been offered a place on a course with an education provider that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence or is held at one of the approved educational institutions
- You must be able prove you can support yourself financially without having to work or that family and friends will support and house you during your stay in the UK
- You must show you can meet the cost for your return or onward journey at end of the course
- If you are under the age of 18 you will need permission from your parent or guardian and have suitable arrangements in terms of travel and accommodation in place.
You can apply to switch to a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa, once you are in the UK and want to take a longer term course. You will need to meet the eligibility requirements for the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.
The Short term study visa doesn’t allow you to bring your family members with you to the UK, however you may be able to choose a different study visa option that does allow family members. Speak to our Immigration team to find out which visa option suits you the best.
What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?
As you have to provide sufficient evidence to the Home Office for the reason of your travel to the UK, applying for a Standard Visitor Visa can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.
- Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
- Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
- Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
- Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Short term study visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
- Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
- Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.