Short term study visa

Short Term Study Visa

Call us on 0121 285 5121to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your Short term study visa.

Short Term Study Visa

If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for a Short-term study visa for a short course of study in the UK.

With this visa you stay in the UK for 6 months for any short course, such as an English Language course or for research as part of a degree you are studying abroad. You can apply for up to 11 months stay if you are over 16 and want to take an English Language course.

You must meet certain eligibility requirements such as being accepted on a course at an approved place of study. Our specialist immigration lawyer will work with you in checking your eligibility for a Short term study visa. If eligible we will help complete the application and submit any supporting document that are required.Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisers.

    Request FREE Consultation

    Fill the form below to request a call back

    Short Term Study Visa-FAQ

    You can apply to switch to a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa, once you are in the UK and want to take a longer term course. You will need to meet the eligibility requirements for the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

    More information on Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

    The Short term study visa doesn’t allow you to bring your family members with you to the UK, however you may be able to choose a different study visa option that does allow family members. Speak to our Immigration team to find out which visa option suits you the best.

    What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

    As you have to provide sufficient evidence to the Home Office for the reason of your travel to the UK, applying for a Standard Visitor Visa can be quite complex. Our immigration lawyers can help you through the application process and ensure you have the best possible chance of success.

    • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
    • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
    • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
    • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Short term study visa, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
    • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
    • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

    Call us on 0121 285 5121 or request a call back to see how we can help with your application for a Short term study visa.


    Get In Touch
    Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

    Latest Media

    European Temporary Leave To Remain – Update

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In the event of no deal Brexit, as a “Responsible Government” the Home Office has officially published guidance on the European Temporary Leave to Remain scheme. The guidance notes on this subject were published by the government before the recent change in the “Brexit End Date” from 29 March 2019 to […]


    Home Office facing Legal Action for the TOEIC Scam

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In 2014, a BBC Panorama documentary conducted an undercover operation on Fraud in the UK Student Visa process.  The documentary uncovered clear cases of cheating at two test centers, where visa applicants sat the “Test of English for International Communication” (TOEIC). The two test centers in London were shown, for a […]

    Contact Us
    If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.