EEA Permanent Residence

Permanent Residence

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyers can help you with your Permanent Residence.

Permanent Residence

If you are a national from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for a document that certifies Permanent Residence in the UK. You will automatically qualify for permanent residence status if you have been living in the UK for at least 5 years and have been engaged in one of the qualifying activities of work, self-employment, self-sufficiency or study. You are described as a qualified person,if you who engage in one of these qualifying activities.

You can apply for a Permanent Residence document as soon as you’ve acquired the permanent residence status and use this document to apply for British Nationality after one year of acquiring permanent residence status. If you are married a British national you will not have to wait 12 months and can apply for British Nationality as soon as you acquire your Permanent Residence document.

To apply for Permanent Residence document, you will need to submit five continuous years worth of evidence to show you have been carrying out qualifying activities in the UK. There are additional requirements for certain activities such as having valid health Insurance for the relevant periods of study or self-sufficiency.

If you have lived in the UK for five continuous years as a family member of a EEA national who has Permanent Residence document or meets the requirements for permanent residence status, you may also apply for Permanent Residence document.

With the Brexit looming it is important to take professional advice as your current status documents may not be enough to allow you to carry on living in the UK after Brexit. Our expert lawyer has detailed knowledge and experience of EEA Permanent Residence application and can help you in meeting the requirements and making a successful application to obtain Permanent Residence in the UK. Call us on 0121 285 5121 now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.

    Request FREE Consultation

    Fill the form below to request a call back

    Permanent Residence-FAQ

    To make an application for a Permanent Residence document, an application form will need to be completed and submitted alongside supporting documents. The EEA Permanent Residence form is quite extensive and you need to provide proof you have spent 5 years in the UK as a qualified person or as a family member of the qualified person and evidence of 5 years of continuous residence.  You will also need to provide bio-metric information as well as evidence of your relationship to EU qualified person if applying as a family member.

    The UK government has introduced a new settlement scheme for EU nationals who want to continue living in the UK after Br-exit. If you already hold a Permanent Residence documents you will need to apply for the new settlement scheme, currently before 31st December 2020 if UK leaves without a deal. The new settlement scheme application is fast tracked and for those holding Permanent Residence there is no need to prove 5 years’ continuous residence.

    What can 121 Immigration Lawyers do for you?

    Our immigration lawyers can help you with the Permanent Residence Document application process and ensure you have the all the necessary documentation that is required for a successful application. We can help by:

    • Discussing the options that are available to you and ensuring this is the most appropriate application for you.
    • Advising you about the requirements and the relevant documents that are required for the application.
    • Reviewing the documents to ensure they are satisfactory for the application.
    • Provide a detailed letter of representation, which will outline how you meet the requirements of the Permanent Residence Document, with reference to the relevant UK Immigration Laws
    • Completing and submitting the relevant application form on your behalf.
    • Advising you the timescale and liaising with the home office until a decision is made.

    Call us on 0121 285 5121 orrequest a call back to see how we can help with your application for a Permanent Residence Document.


    Get In Touch
    Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

    Latest Media

    European Temporary Leave To Remain – Update

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In the event of no deal Brexit, as a “Responsible Government” the Home Office has officially published guidance on the European Temporary Leave to Remain scheme. The guidance notes on this subject were published by the government before the recent change in the “Brexit End Date” from 29 March 2019 to […]


    Home Office facing Legal Action for the TOEIC Scam

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In 2014, a BBC Panorama documentary conducted an undercover operation on Fraud in the UK Student Visa process.  The documentary uncovered clear cases of cheating at two test centers, where visa applicants sat the “Test of English for International Communication” (TOEIC). The two test centers in London were shown, for a […]

    Contact Us
    If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.