Sponsor License Application

Sponsor License Application

Call us on 0121 285 5121 to

discuss how our Specialist Immigration Lawyer can help you with your Sponsor License Application.

Sponsor License Application

IIf you are UK business and want to employ a person from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work in the UK for you, you will need to apply for a Sponsor License. If the Home Office grants the license you will be allowed to issue Certificates of Sponsorship to prospective employees who can then apply for a visa to come and work for you in the UK.

To apply for a sponsor license your business has to meet certain eligible requirement and decide on the type of workers you want to employ.
There are two type of workers for which you can apply the license for, Tier 2 Skilled workers or Tier 5 Skilled Temporary workers. You can apply for a license to cover either both tiers or just one of them.

Individual(s) from within your business will need to be appointed to certain designated roles as part of the process for the sponsor license application. One of the key roles includes the monitoring the staff use of the sponsorship management system, which is the main tool used to assign and issue a Certificate of Sponsorship. The individuals appointed will have to meet the suitability requirements such as not having any unspent convictions, not been a key person at a business that had a sponsor license revoked, must be based in UK majority of time among other requirements.

For any roles if you are paying a salary less than £159,600, you will also need to meet the Resident Labor Market Test, Which essentially means advertising the job to ensure there are no settled UK workers available to fill the role. There are a few exemptions to the Resident Labor Market Test such as the job is on the shortage occupation list, among other exemptions.

The application process for a sponsor license is quite complex and requires expert help. 121 Immigration Lawyers will help you understand and meet all the requirements for the sponsor license application. Our lawyer will collate all the supporting documents to be submitted with the application and write a letter of Representation to accompany the application. We will also advise on how to meet the Resident Labor Market Test, unless an exemption applies.

Call us on 0121 285 5121  now or request a call back to speak with an expert advisor.

    Request FREE Consultation

    Fill the form below to request a call back


    Get In Touch
    Call Us on 0121 285 5121 or

    Latest Media

    European Temporary Leave To Remain – Update

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In the event of no deal Brexit, as a “Responsible Government” the Home Office has officially published guidance on the European Temporary Leave to Remain scheme. The guidance notes on this subject were published by the government before the recent change in the “Brexit End Date” from 29 March 2019 to […]


    Home Office facing Legal Action for the TOEIC Scam

    By 121 Immigration Lawyers. In 2014, a BBC Panorama documentary conducted an undercover operation on Fraud in the UK Student Visa process.  The documentary uncovered clear cases of cheating at two test centers, where visa applicants sat the “Test of English for International Communication” (TOEIC). The two test centers in London were shown, for a […]

    Contact Us
    If you need immigration advice, contact us and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.